Saturday 15 December 2012

THE NINTH SACRED KEY - MUSIC, SONG


Awareness of Music and It`s Effect on the Foetus, Baby and Child

The foetus, when only a few weeks old, even in this early stage, is already using the sense of hearing. Incredible. The foetus is cushioned inside a water sack and this water acts not only to protect the baby but also takes on the vibrations of sound which in turn program the baby for its future life. The most important sounds are those given by the mother’s voice. The tone, words and music of the sounds expressed are all absorbed by the foetus.                                                             
Studies show that the types of sounds, and music, help structure the emotional and mental makeup of the child`s future. If only I had known this when I was pregnant!
Sing to your unborn child. Your baby will relate to the songs heard in the safe atmosphere of the womb and be very happy to hear those same songs after he or she is born
Play an instrument 
Listen to Mozart whilst pregnant. You are tuning your unborn child into the idea that life offers a wealth of joy, stimulation and serenity
Sing to your baby - sing a lullaby to help baby sleep. Sing fun songs and nursery rhymes, clapping hands to the beat or humming softly a familiar tune
  Last year I heard someone on the ABC talking about a study of children who played a musical instrument whilst they were in Primary School. This person claimed that the IQ was significantly raised if the young student played an instrument. No wonder music lessons are now offered to children in Australia by State School system. Emotionally and mentally children are a lot happier if they learn an instrument or join a choir. A really great book to read about  positives to do with music and its impact on babies, children and the unborn child is
The Mozart Effect for Children by Don Campbell  ISBN 0-7336-1309-8                          CDs by Don Campbell with music for the unborn child, baby and toddler are also on the market 
 A FEW HEALING STORIES TO DO WITH MUSIC
When I was a teenager I used to lie down and listen to a Indian record every time my monthly pains would arrive. Every time my pain used to disperse. A few years ago I read that Ravi Shankar ragas were played to some plants. Those plants all leaned towards (at a sixty-degree angle) the speakers. Apparently they also grew taller than the other plants.
When my children were going to primary school I was a passionate potter and sometimes would have back pain. I would fill the bath with water and climb in. Then, much to my children’s embarrassment, I would sing very loudly, and slowly, up my spine. I would start at the base of my spine, singing to that area and gradually sing up the scales as well as my spine. Sometimes I would be ‘stuck’ on one note (area). I would keep singing that tone until I felt the need to move on. My back always felt better after this exercise!
A few years ago I was camping at Ellis Beach on my way up to the Daintree. Sounds rather odd, but I had two broken ankles -both in plaster. On the beach a man carrying a didgeridoo approached me saying he would like to give me a healing. I was told to lie down on the sand, which I did, and then he commenced blowing the didgeridoo pointing at the base of my spine. He then continued playing up my spine. Actually it was very similar to what I used to do when singing my spine! I definitely felt wonderful by the time he finished. So much so that I took a lefty to Mossman Gorge and ended up walking the whole walk – I think 5 klms, if I remember correctly.

Another time I was trying to cut a wedge of mince-meat, off a frozen lump, as I had forgotten to defrost the cat’s dinner. The knife slipped between my thumb and first finger, severing my artery. Swearing rather loudly, as blood spurted out, painting the ceiling fridge and cupboards I grabbed the tea towel, squashed my thumb onto my first finger and bandaged tightly. I then held my hand, fingers pointing upwards, above my head. The man next door drove me to the hospital where a nurse undid my ‘bandage’ and put on a decent  one. It wasn`t tight, and I just knew that it wasn`t stopping the blood flow. She told me it was, so I left it at that. After one and a half hours the doctor arrived. He gave me a local anaesthetic and stitched up my hand. A rather messy job as my hand was filled with blood. The blood had oozed into the tissues in my hand that was now very, very swollen.
On leaving the hospital the doctor explained to me that I would need antibiotics as there was so much blood in the tissues that an infection would happen. He gave me some painkillers to take home and warned me that I would have loads of pain when the anaesthetic wears off. That night I climbed up my bush ladder up to my bed in the loft, and slipped into bed making sure I didn`t knock my hand as it was already very painful. Then, I laid down resting my arm on a pillow. I then, very softly, sang to my hand whilst at the same time I very gently stroked my hand towards my heart. Soon I was asleep. NO PAIN KILLERS! My hand healed within a few days without any need for antibiotics!
One of my patients, who had constant pain in his chest ,and could never sleep, slept like a baby after placing his hands on his chest and softly singing to that area. He normally didn`t sing at all.
I have personally seen, and experienced, people healing with chanting, as well as with listening to a crystal singing bowl. In my Healing with Music workshops using the voice (toning the endocrine system), the singing bowl, gongs, bells, drums and other tribal instruments many people have had breakthroughs in their emotional and physical health!
I am so excited at sharing this information. There is so much more I could share on this topic but unfortunately space is limited.
Music has been used for hundreds of years in many cultures. So maybe you can do some research.
There are some really fabulous books written about the Healing Voice, Healing Chants and various kinds of classical music and its effect on the physical and emotional body.
Here`s to music
Here`s to singing, clapping, dancing
Tra la laaa la laaa  
Cheers and love,  CMW

No comments:

Post a Comment