Monday 23 May 2011

What is Quality of Life?

What is Quality of Life?
Quality of life is more than physical comfort. It includes emotional happiness and a sense of being free to be ourselves. We can have all the comforts in the world and still be unhappy.
I must admit that when I am eating loads of organic vegys & fruit I see myself more truthfully and hence there is less chance of grabbing at, and wallowing in, any bad experiences I have!
Quality of life is when the body, mind and spirit harmonize as one.


                                Black is the night
                                                That maps the way
                                                Fear is the pallbearer
                                                That causes decay
                                                Ignorance is the curse
                                                That limits the mind
                                                Courage births hope
                                                To awaken mankind


Fear seems to be our biggest stumbling block. Fear puts our body into a slow vibration which in turn sets off certain biochemical processes that can help create more dis ease! There is no quality of life where there is fear. Funnily enough sudden fear can activate adrenalin and get us out of harm`s way when confronted with the possiblity of death!
It`s the continuous fear of lack "How will I cope?", "Will I get through this?" "Will he leave me?", "If only I had......", etc.etc. that drives the nail into the coffin.
My little saying is this:
                             Frozen
                             Emotional
                             Attitudes
                             Restrict
Our muscles tighten, our heart beats faster and our blood pressure hits the roof. Our immune response is lowered and possibly our digestion and bowel habits change. Our stiff muscles restrict circulation and can cause headaches and neck pain, and the list goes on and on.


Once we get caught up with fear, we wave goodbye to being creatively constructive.

                           He who grasps, becomes attached
                           And in so doing, strangles himself

There are many ways and healing techniques to release and let go of our fear. If we don`t transmute our emotional suffering into forgiveness and self worth then cancer and other diseases may form. Think on these things.


Why I have been on about the emotion of fear is because I often help cancer sufferers to attain, and maintain, a good quality of life. I think that the great departure is great, if it is filled with love and this means with no fear. Magnesium, Vit B complex and green juices are taken to help with releasing stress. After the diet has been modified and toxic matter is removed, we go about finding love. Love for oneself and for life itself.
Stillness - contemplation within the space between the words is also taught. In the stillness healing can be found. Healing of the body, the mind or the spirit and sometimes all three!
                          Quality of life is restored


In 1998 I was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer and given approximately 8 weeks to live!


This is a story for another day.
In the meantime sing, be happy, do what you enjoy,
Until next week
Cheers
C.M.W.





I have had many people wanting to hear stories about my time in Africa and my life in general, so I thought I would put pen to paper using this blog. So many extraordinary things have happened to me in the past, many relating to unthinkable reality! I`ve been lucky enough to be in a position where light can still be accessed even in the darkest moment. Because of this, pain has given way to love. Health has replaced disease and narrowness of thinking has become openness and acceptance.
The winds of change are blowing. We need to get back to basics and nourish our body, mind and spirit as well as our beautiful Mother Earth.

Cheers
C.M.W. Christabel Mary Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment